In reaching my goals of growing my creativity, I’ve joined the Ravelry 2010 Block-a-month Crochet-a-long (CAL)
There are a few different flavors to this CAL: the main 12″ block CAL, the 6″ block CAL and the Craftster 12″ block CAL. I think this CAL is great for me for many reasons.
- Most blocks work up pretty quickly, so it’s almost like instant crochetification!!! As block is easy…it’s when you think of how many blocks you need for a blanket that it gets tricky!!!
- At the end of the year, I’ll have 12 finished blocks to sew into an afghan/blankie, YAY! In fact, if I do all three squares every month, I’ll have enough to make 3!!
- I’ll learn new techniques and blocks I’ve never done before.
- I’ll meet new online friends to discuss crochet and knitting with!
- I’ll use some of my stash yarn!
WooHoo! I couldn’t wait, so I already got my hooks out and worked up two blocks over the weekend. I choose to go with a color-combo-of-the-month strategy. Kinda like:
- JANUARY – white/blue; inspiration = snow
- FEBRUARY – red, pink, white; inspiration = Valentine’s Day
- MARCH – green; inspiration = St. Patrick’s Day
- APRIL – blues and grays; inspiration = April showers
- MAY – purple or bright colors! inspiration = May flowers
- JUNE – yellow; inspiration = sunny days!
- JULY – red, white and blue; inspiration = Independence Day
- AUGUST – yellow-green; inspiration = my birthstone, Peridot!
- SEPTEMBER –
- OCTOBER – orange; inspiration = Halloween
- NOVEMBER – harvest colors; inspiration….um, harvest?
- DECEMBER – red, green, white; inspiration = Christmas!
So there is my intended color combos to make an afghan of my year. Any ideas for September? I can’t think of anything…
With the January color combo in mind, I hit my quite significant yarn stash and came up with these:
So far, so good, I like it! I still need to work up the Craftster block, but will use the same yarn as these.
Please suggest a September color/inspiration for me!